- Texas Kobe or Akaushi beef patty, seasoned
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Thinly sliced foie gras, seared
- 4 thin slice of gruyere or havarti cheese
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Garlic mayo or aioli
- 4 brioche buns
- Raspberry jam
1. In a large bowl, combine all beef, bread crumbs, garlic powder, Worcestershire, 2 eggs, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavors to combine.
2. Form into 4 patties and grill over medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until patty is medium to medium rare in the center. Cover with foil and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
3. Thinly slice foie gras and sear on both sides. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in a skillet. Saute onions and mushrooms until caramelized. Set aside.
5. Fry 4 eggs, one at a time, sunny side up.
6. Grill the brioche buns, cut side down, until toasted.
7. Stack the patty and toppings in the order listed atop the brioche bun. Serve open-faced with garlic mayo or aioli and raspberry jam on the side.
8. When ready to eat, add condiments, stack the top bun, and press down to break the egg yolk. Take a bite, making sure to get it all over your face, and enjoy.